Untitled

Starbucks Create Your Own Tumbler

Step by step instructions on how to make your own custom Starbucks "Create Your Own Tumbler" inserts:

• Purchase a Starbucks “Create Your Own Tumbler” at starbucks.com, or on ebay.
  • Download the template for the tumbler you have:
    • older 16 oz (psd format only)
    • newer 16 oz (psd format only) COMING SOON!
    • 12 oz (psd format only)
    • 8 oz (psd format only)
    • 24 oz PSD/PDF

• Open the template in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements, or your preferred graphics program.
  • Copy the graphic you want to place in the template to your clipboard. I advise that the graphic to be pasted into the template be at least 1650×1275 in size, unless you plan on using a smaller graphic on a colored background.
  • Then, you need to select all of the white part of the template using the magic wand tool, and then do a "paste into" (found in the edit menu) to insert the picture you want to put on the template. After you do this you can tweak the postion of the graphic, and change the size if it’s needed.
  • After you’re happy with everything, save the template as a jpg. Make sure you do not overwrite the original template file, so you can use it again. If you accidentally do you can always just download a fresh copy here.
  • Next, print out your insert using a color printer with high quality, letter sized (8.5 x 11″) photo paper for the best results.
  • Carefully cut the insert from the page… Be sure to cut exactly on the boarder of the picture, and the white background. Do not leave any of the white background behind, as it will be seen when you put your insert in the tumbler.
  • Unscrew the bottom of the tumbler, pull out the insert that comes with it, and replace it with the one you made, then screw the bottom back on tightly. Et voilà… You’re done!

Here are all the custom templates I have created so far, now broken out into separate categories for your browsing ease… These are all for the older 16 oz tumbler. Check back occasionally, because I do go on template making binges, so you never know when I’ll post new ones. Enjoy!

Back To: Home  •  Last Updated On: February 20, 2012  •  Posted By: Ash

Average Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 192 user reviews.

108 thoughts on “Untitled

• Rob says:

Thanks a bunch for doing this. I threw together about 12 photos that I liked and it worked like a champ!

• Kim says:

Thanks for the templates. Now to decide if I want to make my own, or use one of your wonderful ones!

• Michelle says:

Thank you so much for this! I do have one question, is this for the new sized cups or for the old ones?

• Ash says:

The blank template, and custom templates, are for the older 16 oz Starbucks Create Your Own Tumbler…

(Corrected because I was unaware they had redesigned the 16 oz tumbler. 🙄 )

• Michelle says:

Starbucks just came out with a newer tumbler (also 16 oz), and they are a bit taller, hence my question. I nabbed the blank one, and made no adjustments to it size wise, and added a few things to it, and it was almost an inch too short. I do have one of the old cups, and have lost the template for that, so this will work great for that.

Thank you so much!!

• Larees says:

love your templates!!! thanks for sharing :mrgreen:

• J Ray says:

Yes, the new “Create Your Own Tumbler” mugs have inserts about an inch taller than the blank template here and on starbucks’ site.

I’ve created my own dieline, which I’ll post to my website soon and cross link if you like.

• Ash says:

J Ray,

Please let me know when you post the template for the new 16 oz Starbucks “Create Your Own Tumbler”, and I’ll post the link to your site.

Thank you to everyone that told me about the newer tumblers… I was unaware that they have redesigned them.

• ann says:

hey, your designs are lovely!! sad that they’re for the older versions. was planning to get a “Starbucks “Create Your Own Tumbler” but now surveying for readily-available inserts as i’m not much of a design person 😉

• Daphne Kubow says:

I have a picture of palm trees from the Dominican and I want to make it the background for the template. How do I go about doing this?

• J Ray says:

Hi Ash,
    Check out the dieline on my page here:

It should fit the newer mugs! :mrgreen:
    enjoy.

• Ash says:

J Ray,

Many thanks for the link… I’ve added it to the blurbage above to direct people to go to your site to get the template for the new 16 oz tumblers.

• jw says:

Is there a template for 12oz tumblers?

• Ash says:

JW,

There must be a 12 oz tumbler template, but I don’t have it… If you haven’t done a google search for it yet, that’s where I’d start. Otherwise, I suggest you take the template for the old 16 oz tumbler, and slowly make the image size smaller, keeping the dimensions proportional, and print it out on a laser printer until you reach the correct size.

If you do this, and are successful, please send me the template, so I can post it for other the people looking for the 12 oz tumbler template.

Good luck,

Ash

• J Ray says:

Oh sorry for the inconvenience, but I updated the URL for the Custom Mug dieline:

Thanks =)

• Nikki says:

hey, i have a mac computer so i don’t have photoshop or photoshop elements. Is there another program that i can do this on? All i want to do is put some pictures on a blank template and i don’t want to have to cut and paste them by hand.

• Kawaii Philippines says:

Is there any designs for Coffee Mugs? or it is possibel to use tumbler designs for mugs?

• KB says:

I started making inserts for my 12oz tumbler and came across your web site when I was searching for a dieline. I really like your designs (not just the tumbler designs). I’d love to use a mac and Adobe software but I’m poor (or cheap?) so I use Inkscape on my PC. I’m a beginner so I don’t really know how to fix the distortion caused by the truncated cone shape of the tumbler and the measurements are wrong so I fit them trimming the printed copy by hand. Any advice?

1 2 3 5