Update: All my custom Starbucks â€œCreate Your Own Tumblerâ€ inserts are now on their own page… Including the “How To” instructions I wrote up so you can create your own custom insert.
Step by step instructions on how to make your own custom “Create Your Own Tumbler” inserts:
- Purchase a Starbucks “Create Your Own Tumbler” at starbucks.com, or on ebay.
- Download the template for the older 16 oz tumbler. (psd format only) A link to a site that will soon have a template for the new 16 oz tumbler coming soon!.
- Open the template in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.
- Copy the graphic you want to place in the template to your clipboard. I advise that the graphic to be pasted into the template be at least 1650×1275 in size, unless you plan on using a smaller graphic on a colored background. Then, you need to select all of the white part of the template using the magic wand tool, and then do a “paste into” (found in the edit menu) to insert the picture you want to put on the template. After you do this you can tweak the postion of the graphic, and change the size if it’s needed.
- After you’re happy with everything, save the template as a jpg. Make sure you do not overwrite the original template file, so you can use it again. If you accidentally do you can always just download a fresh copy here.
- Next, print out your insert using a color printer with high quality photo paper for the best results.
- Carefully cut the insert from the page… Be sure to cut exactly on the boarder of the picture, and the white background. Do not leave any of the white background behind, as it will be seen when you put your insert in the tumbler.
- Unscrew the bottom of the tumbler, pull out the insert that comes with it, and replace it with the one you made, then screw the bottom back on tightly. Et voilÃ … You’re done!